Overview of the KB5028185 Update
Microsoft has taken a significant leap in enhancing the Windows 11 user experience with the release of the Windows 11 22H2 KB5028185 cumulative update. This mandatory update rolled out on July 11, 2023, addresses crucial security vulnerabilities and introduces the new Moment 3 features. It is a comprehensive package that not only tackles 78 vulnerabilities and thirty-eight remote code execution flaws but also brings over 30 improvements to various Microsoft products.
Key Features and Enhancements in KB5028185
The KB5028185 update boasts an array of new features and enhancements aimed at improving the functionality and security of Windows 11:
- Security Upgrades: The update includes July 2023 Patch Tuesday security updates, bolstering the defence against potential cyber threats.
- Notification Badging for Microsoft Accounts: A new rollout in the Start menu allows quick access to important Microsoft account-related notifications.
- Improved File Sharing in Explorer: Enhanced integration with Microsoft Outlook enables easier file sharing directly from Explorer.
- Live Captions in Multiple Languages: The update extends the live caption feature to include several new languages, enhancing accessibility for a wider user base.
- Voice Access Command Improvements: This feature sees a redesign, offering more descriptive commands and examples, along with new dialect support for English in various regions.
Troubleshooting Installation Issues
Addressing System File Complications
A common issue faced during the installation of KB5028185 is related to corrupt system files. To resolve this:
- Run the command sfc /scannow in Command Prompt.
- Follow up with dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth commands if necessary.
- Retry the installation after these steps.
Utilizing Windows Update Troubleshooter
For a smoother update process:
- Go to Start > Settings > Windows Update and click ‘Check for Updates‘.
- Use Windows troubleshooters by navigating to System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters, and run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
Tech Outlook: Your Guide to Seamless Updates
We understand the complexities that come with updating systems. Our team is equipped to assist with any challenges related to the Windows 11 KB5028185 installation. Whether it’s a failure to install or a stuck progress bar, our expertise in resolving tech issues is just a click away.
The Windows 11 22H2 KB5028185 update is a critical step forward in enhancing the functionality and security of Microsoft’s flagship operating system. With its comprehensive features and significant improvements, it’s an essential update for all Windows 11 users. For any installation challenges, Tech Outlook’s team of experts is ready to provide seamless solutions.
Windows 11 KB5028185 Update: New Features and Security Enhancements
The recent release of Windows 11 KB5028185 marks a significant update, incorporating the much-anticipated Moment 3 update and addressing crucial security vulnerabilities. This comprehensive update, launched on July 11, 2023, offers a plethora of new features and improvements for Windows 11 users, enhancing both functionality and security.
Exploring the New Features in KB5028185
Moment 3 Update: A Game Changer
- 2FA Code Copying: Streamlines the process of copying 2FA codes from notifications for enhanced security.
- File Explorer Key Shortcuts: Introduces new keyboard shortcuts, accessible by pressing the ‘Menu’ key.
- Live Kernel Memory Dumps: Facilitates debugging through direct access in File Explorer.
- CABC on Laptops and 2-in-1 Devices: Enhances display quality with Content Adaptive Brightness Control.
- USB4 Hubs and Devices Settings Page: A new addition for better management of USB4 peripherals.
- Presence Sensing in Privacy & Security Settings: Offers insights into sensor data for improved privacy management.
- Snipping Tool Activation: Assign the Print Screen button to open the Snipping Tool by default.
- System Tray Time Display: Adds the option to display seconds in the time.
- Performance Boost for High-Report Rate Mice: Optimizes mouse performance for gaming.
- VPN Status Icon: Keeps you informed about your VPN connection status.
In addition to these features, KB5028185 brings over 30 changes and improvements, focusing on enhancing user experience and system performance.
Known Issues and Workarounds
BitLocker Configuration Issue
- Problem: Issues with BitLocker Configuration in MDM apps showing error 65000.
- Workaround: Setting the affected policies to ‘Not Configured’ in Microsoft Intune can temporarily resolve this reporting issue.
- Update Availability Channels
- Windows Update and Microsoft Update: Automatically available.
- Windows Update for Business: Automatically downloaded and installed according to configured policies.
- Microsoft Update Catalog: Standalone package available for manual installation.
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS): Automatically syncs when configured correctly.
Removing the LCU
Utilize the DISM/Remove-Package command line option for LCU removal, as the combined package includes the SSU.
Troubleshooting Installation Issues
Resetting update components and clearing the update cache can resolve installation issues. Specific Command Prompt commands help reset these components effectively.
- Manually download and install the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog for more control over the installation process.
- An in-place upgrade using the Windows 11 Installation Media Creation Tool can circumvent persistent installation challenges.
The Windows 11 KB5028185 update is a significant step forward, offering a range of new features and enhancements. Despite potential installation challenges, solutions like manual installation, component resetting, and in-place upgrades ensure a smooth update experience. Tech Outlook’s expert team is always ready to provide comprehensive support for users facing issues. This update not only boosts performance and security but also significantly enhances the overall Windows 11 experience.